- Enter your question and any other optional information and then click the send/arrow button. During certain times of the day, librarians are busy! The average wait time is 1-2 minutes.
- Most questions can be addressed through our chat service. However, we are unable to access your personal library account related to fines, renewals, and other patron account activity.
- Please don’t use your browser’s "back" button.
- Be informal, but courteous. Be respectful. If you use abusive language or deliberately waste librarian effort in a way that denies service to others, we will end the session.
- Are you part of a class using AskMN for help with homework? Let your teacher know we want to help you but we can only take a 3-5 students at a time. See our For Schools page for more information.
- The average session lasts 15-20 minutes. Some questions require us to search a bit (and email follow up is an option).
- Expect what might seem like delays. Some questions require the librarian to search in several places to find exactly what you need.
Session Transcripts and Follow-Up Via Email
Transcripts and any follow-up that may be needed to help answer your question will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add these email address to your email "safe list" as sometimes we can get caught in spam filters.
AskMN is part of a global, cooperative service staffed by experienced librarians from Minnesota as well as from other participating libraries across the United States and the United Kingdom.